Thursday, October 05, 2006

Opening Salvo



I am starting this blog primarily to record the hands/details of Singapore youth team performance in the World Youth Championships 2006 in Bangkok so that these wonderful memories wouldn't be lost. I plan to do a match by match recount of what happened in our 'fairytale' run. It is meant to be an entertaining narrative, not that instructive as a bridge guide, feel free to comment!(Please excuse my grammatical errors though)

I pay tribute to my great teammates: Poon Hua, Kelvin, Liyu, Fabian and Alex. Everyone played an important role to our success, although we didnt win it, I believe we did ourselves proud and we tried our best. The most important thing is that we enjoyed the process. I did.. immensely!

For the record, I played in most of the matches, so no surprise most of it will be about how I remembered the hands, I'll try to include how and what my teammates did in the hands. However, no matter how much I say, nothing beats being at the venue, at the table... :-)

I have arranged the posts so that the reader can read from the first match onwards, there are a total of 20 posts, so please click on 'October 2006' in the 'Archives column on the right to reveal all of them if you cannot see them.

Happy reading!

For official results and terrific hand records, please refer to

http://www.worldbridge.org/tourn/Bangkok.06/Bangkok.htm

1 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger Fabian said...

This clearly brings back memories, in fact one of the most wonderful memories that I have ever experienced. Watching and playing against the top youth players around the world, and enjoying the fabulous food, with the huge room, its really an enjoyable experience never before seen and felt. In fact, my biggest regret is that during those weeks, I wasnt able to hear well, couldnt hear the vugraph commentary and stuffs etc, otherwise it would have been perfect :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home